Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Getting out of a sticky situation...

bandaid by letHimbknown

"Rip it off fast!"  "Tear it off slloowwlly"... These are some mixed up solutions to removing an "owie" on ones skin.  Want a simple, pain free, "natural" way of taking off a bandaid??  

Things you will need:
  • Love and kisses
  • 2 Paper towels
  • Olive/Vegetable oil
  • More love and kisses

  1. Put some oil onto one of the paper towels (enough for the boo boo).
  2. You know those stick on tatoo's that our kids LOVE to wear when they have a fancy place to be at the next day??  ;)  Well just like applying one of those, put the oiled paper towel onto the boo boo for about 2-3 minutes.  Enough to saturate.  (I know, I know... those of us with toddlers, patience is hard to come by.  Maybe give them something to play with, or sing a song, or watch a short clip to entertain them).
  3. Remove the paper towel making sure the band aid is oiled up like the Tin Man.
  4. The band aid should now be removed with no effort and no tears.
Easy as 1-2-3!... and 4 in this case.  And my Danielle would say "I'm four!"  :D

I hope this finds some comfort in your home.
bandaid, a photo by letHimbknown on Flickr.

1 comment:

  1. Like always, a great idea from you!
    Wish I knew that trick when raising my children.
    from Alice (mom)

    ReplyDelete